Practical, accessible, fear-free!
There is so much information about technology use out there, its hard to know where to start and who to trust.
Below I list a range of resources which I regularly refer to in my presentations, consultations and media commentary.
- The New Childhood: Jordan Shapiro (2019)
- Left To OUr Own Devices: Margaret Morris (2019)
- The Art of ScreenTime: Anya Kamenetz (2018)
- Engaging Adolescents: Michael Hawton (2016)
- The Game Believes in you: Greg Toppo (2015)
- Reality is Broken: Jane McGonigal (2010)
- The Information Diet: Clay Johnson (2011)
RESEARCHERS & EXPERTS
- Professor Sonia Livingston at the LSE Media Policy Project
- Amy Orben - social media and psychology researcher
- Professor Andrew Przybylski
- Associate Professor Amanda Third
- Dr Chris Ferguson: media researcher & psychologist
- Daniel Kartefelt-Winter, PhD: researches children's rights and digital technologies
- Dean Groom - Playable/GBL Blog
- David Ryan Polger - @TechEthicist
- Download this show - ABC RN with Marc Fennell
- Digital Mindfulness - Lawrence Amopfo
- CyberSynapse - Cath Knibbs
- Note to Self - WNYC and Manoush Zamarodi
- My 4th year psychology thesis: Young males, the internet and online gaming: Exploring the Impacts - 2009.
- My NSW Premiers Teaching Scholarship Study Tour Report - 2015
- NEWSLETTER ARCHIVE
- UNICEF Report on the impacts of time online on children's mental health by Daniel Kardefelt-Winther (2017).